Just.. why?

• Why do guys lie?? Just why?

I've been with a guy for over two years and he doesn't get it when I say "don't lie to me, just be honest".

What can a girl do to get him to stop, or is he bound to be dishonest with me for as long as we're together?

(I know not ALL guys are like this, just wondering if I can somehow get my guy to stop with the bullshit. He doesn't need to lie to me about anything!)
      "You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."
    • Re: Just.. why?

That is true. but some of the things he lies about.. oh my gosh.
      It shouldn't make me mad if he lies about little things, I know that, it's just how often he lies, and I know he'll lie about bigger stuff; He has before..
      Idk.. I wish I could just get him to see that I'm changing and trying to make it so he feels like he can open up to me.. but he doesn't get it, idk how to show it to him.
      "You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

Once a liar, always a liar. The only lies he's told you about are the ones you've figured out, NOT! That means he's probably lied more than what you've figured out. Tell him that you are tired of him lying and that you don't want it to continue, and if it does that you would consider taking a break. I hate liars.

Heather, you're just jealous of us. Jealous of our skills, Jealous of our talents, Jealous of our Abilities, Jealous of our Muscles, Jealous of our everything. :P

Just to piggy-back on what others have said, one of the key elements of any successful relationships is not only trust, but honesty - the ability to be able to speak the truth with sincerity and frankness. If your boyfriend isn't being honest to you (especially if you don't like the dishonesty), then perhaps you should reconsider what this relationship is worth. You can definitely talk to him and let him know how hurt you are by this and all you ask of his is for him to be honest with you as he possibly can (be assertive, too). If he's not willing to do just that, then maybe you should take on a different route to the situation.

Two years of being together is a long time; but if you love the guy and if he means everything to you, then you should find a way to build on honesty.

Good luck!

[CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

yeh, coz girl's never lie......

he might lie because hes embarrased, he might lie because youve given him reason not to trust you e.g hes confided in you and youve told your friends, orrr he might lie because he thinks you would prefer his lie to the truth.

either way, stop making it sound like girls are always the innocent ones and that guys are to blame for everything that is wrong with the world. girls have as much a role in everything as guys.

I have told him thousands of times not to lie to me. He just doesn't seem to care. I do love him with all my heart but he obviously doesn't feel the same way about me.
      Either he doesn't care or he just doesn't understand.. I think he just doesn't care.
      I've tried to talk to him about it and get him to stop but he wont stop.
      I just texted him and told him that I don't want to be with him.. we've broke up a few other times because he lied but then he said he wouldn't do it again and he was being nice and then he always did it again..
      So, It's not worth it.

One day your boyfriend asked to talk with you. Puzzled, you ask whats up. He tells you that he made a stupid decision and that he had sex with another girl while intoxicated. Do you react with forgiveness and with mercy, or do you flip out and threaten to/do leave him.
      [CENTER] I wonder if I died, would tears come to her eyes?
      Forgive me for my disrespect, forgive me for my lies.
      :angeldevil:
      [/CENTER]

TVizzy wrote:

One day your boyfriend asked to talk with you. Puzzled, you ask whats up. He tells you that he made a stupid decision and that he had sex with another girl while intoxicated. Do you react with forgiveness and with mercy, or do you flip out and threaten to/do leave him.

I'd tell him I'm happy he is being honest with me and that we need to sit down and talk about it. I would probably ask if he has feelings for her and if he said no I would have us try to work things out and begin to trust him again. If he does have feelings for her, I would tell him he needs to think about who he likes and wants more.
      It could go in any direction.

But the thing is.. He wouldn't tell me.

once_in_a_lifetime_luv wrote:

That is true. but some of the things he lies about.. oh my gosh.
      It shouldn't make me mad if he lies about little things, I know that, it's just how often he lies, and I know he'll lie about bigger stuff; He has before..
      Idk.. I wish I could just get him to see that I'm changing and trying to make it so he feels like he can open up to me.. but he doesn't get it, idk how to show it to him.

It kinda seems like you've already made up your mind. You deserve better and your guy shouldn't lie to you at all. Break up with him and if he asks why, tell him that if he's not honest then you cant trust him, which is the foundation of a good relationship. Good luck, hope this helps :)
      [CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I'd like to make myself believe, that planet earth turns slowly.[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Indigo"]:][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

free-the-unicorns wrote:

It kinda seems like you've already made up your mind. You deserve better and your guy shouldn't lie to you at all. Break up with him and if he asks why, tell him that if he's not honest then you cant trust him, which is the foundation of a good relationship. Good luck, hope this helps :)

I did break up with him in a text. He knows I don't trust him. We've talked plenty.
      The thing is, he doesn't even care enough to reply to my text.
      Thanks.

You cannot expect a relationship to work if you are constantly second guessing half the things he says. Trust is a huge part of a relationship, without it you will find yourself getting into many arguments or unhappy with the relationship all together. There isn't much you can do if he is constantly lying and refuses to stop, and personally I do not see a relationship of such manner lasting much longer.

However, another huge part of a relationship is communication. You know that he is lying to you, but have you tried to address him about this.. you can not really able to solve any issues if you do not discuss them with one another.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Saradactyl wrote:

You cannot expect a relationship to work if you are constantly second guessing half the things he says. Trust is a huge part of a relationship, without it you will find yourself getting into many arguments or unhappy with the relationship all together. There isn't much you can do if he is constantly lying and refuses to stop, and personally I do not see a relationship of such manner lasting much longer.

However, another huge part of a relationship is communication. You know that he is lying to you, but have you tried to address him about this.. you can not really able to solve any issues if you do not discuss them with one another.

We talked about his lieing. I told him that it hurts me when he does it and that he has no reason not to be honest with me. We had the conversation multiple times and he said he would stop or try to stop but it still never did.

guys (& girls) lie for tons of reasons. maybe they are scared of what will happen if they tell the truth; they might think by lying they are avoiding a worse situation; they sometimes lie out of shame or guilt; sometimes they may lie in hopes of protecting someone (when actually they are hurting them by lying...go figure)