No family support

• No family support

I'm 17 and i was in my 2nd year of college, however i decided to drop out and do a university course at home which i have the money for. The course is what i wanted to do and i didn't see wasting another 2 years at college THEN go to uni.

The problem is my mum is giving me NO support at all. I don't have a big family and everyones looking down at me cause i'll be doing a course at home. But what makes my mum very hypocritical is that she's doing a uni course at home but her one is being paid through benefits because she doesn't work.

I work at the local chip shop, not a glam job i know but it'll help pay for my course and it's alot better then what my mum is doing. I guess it could be jealousy but it hurts so much. Nothing seems to be good for her, im scared it'll effect my course when i start it because she'll keep making nasty comments about how i'm wasting my time and it'll make me really negative which i feel right now.

I just need a "good luck" or "i know you can do it" sort of attitude, i just don't know how to deal with it.

Anyone have any ideas how i can make her see it's not a waste of time?