Bullys, and effects of such things (long)

• Bullys, and effects of such things (long)

More of a question to you guys:

Have you been bullied?
      Did such a bullying make you mad?
      If so, what did you do about it?
      Looking back, do you think you did the right thing and why.

I'll even answer myself!

Have you been bullied? Yes, for the majority of my school life.

Did such a bullying make you mad?

Indeed, my life was hell. In the younger years, many tears were shed and thoughts of revenge. Mid years I just dealt with it. In the last few years of HS, I stopped caring, grew a thick emotional shell, and felt better.

If so, what did you do about it?

When I was younger (6-8th grade) I had the typical anger and sadness. 9th I avoided most of it by skipping classes. 10-11th was the worst. During those years I became the monster I so hated. But worse, the effect of years of peer abuse finally recoiled and I am ashamed to say I became a tyrant many many times worse then any individual indecent. It was made more profound by the fact that during those years I was in a school with a small class. By that time I had grown my shell so to speak. There was a kid in that class that I think went out of his way to make himself a target. I was probably a bigger jerk to him then anyone ever was to me.

Looking back, do you think you did the right thing and why.

No, I am ashamed. I turned my feelings of rage and pent up aggression into a mental weapon to be used on others. What made it worse is that unlike typical bullies that will just call you names and such, I was the type that picked at the very fiber of peoples being until they came undone.

I have a theory, it goes like this: If you are picked on in your younger years you are more likely to become a monster in your later years. Bullying just creates more of the same.

For me, I became the thing I hated most. I regret it to this day.

Why do people seem to have the need to take things put on them and in turn dump it on another? Why do people bully in the first place? To make themselves feel better? To fit in? Maybe some just enjoy others pain.

After awhile I just stopped caring as I said. Nothing bothered me. Insults, rejections, etc, nothing even made me feel bad. I think that is another bad thing that can happen. We learn to give ourselves shields to protect us. The problem is such shields can have the effect of loss of emotions and a bitter outlook on life.

You wonder why the kid in the corner does not trust anyone? You wonder why the outcast becomes the monster? Well, I think most of you know the answer.

In EXTREME cases things like Columbine happen. They are rare, but they do occur. Some punk thought it would be funny to push "bobby" over the edge. Shame nobody's laughing.

People seem to get off on putting others down. Highschool is not for learning. At least not academically. It is for social experimentation. There is a hierarchy and so called food chain that evolves in schools. For some, it is a great time of friends and parties. For others, not so much.

So, I ask you all this: Next time you want to pick on somebody for being different or odd, think twice. Sure, you may get away with it. Sure, it might gain you popularity points in certain circles. It also might get you killed if you go to far.

Another thing to ask yourself is how would you feel. Silly I know, since your the one dealing it out. But switch the situation. Not so funny now huh?

Maybe this is just me ranting. Maybe I am not making any sense at this point. But coming from the position of being the weird kid, I hope it gives you a new perspective.

Nerds, Geeks, etc all are people. Those names are just labels other people give. Does being a geek make that person not have feelings?

In my mind, that person who was picked on will:

A. deal with it and suffer
      B. commit suicide
      C. turn into a bully themselves
      D. flip out and cause a real problem

For me, it was C. I refuse to commit suicide. I refuse to sit and suffer. I am not a killer and have no want to harm others physically.

Anyways, I have since graduated HS. Looking into college and stuff. Hopefully it won't suck. My views on life have changed drastically over time. I am a different person then back then. Looking back it all seems kind of like a sick joke.

If you read all this, props to you. If not, oh well. These are just my thoughts. Take them however you like.

-- Mr. C
    • Re: Bullys, and effects of such things (long)

That's a really interesting observation, and it looks correct. Also, people use their own weaknesses in bullying. Say "John" is made fun of because he's obese. To make himself feel good "John" will bully someone fatter then him. At least, that's what happens at my school.

Its a chain cycle. Since nobody is willing to stop the chain in continues. And the problem is even if "John" decides not to bully somebody else will.

Funny enough I have already been called fat a few time on these boards today. I am honestly curios as to what those people hope to achieve... To make me mad? They fail. To get a angry reply? I am not mad.

I feel sorry for people at your school Bossk. Its something I have seen in alot of places, as I have been to many different schools.

Bossk wrote:

That's a really interesting observation, and it looks correct. Also, people use their own weaknesses in bullying. Say "John" is made fun of because he's obese. To make himself feel good "John" will bully someone fatter then him. At least, that's what happens at my school.

Actually, there's a fly in your ointment there me thinks. I was just cracking jokes about Mr. C's weight in another thread a while ago. And I'm fit as can be. I just dislike most fat people because they have the willingness to change.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Mr. C wrote:

Indeed.

If being perfect was an option, I would decline. Flaws are what make us who we are.

That's just something fat people say.

xd18 wrote:

Actually, there's a fly in your ointment there me thinks. I was just cracking jokes about Mr. C's weight in another thread a while ago. And I'm fit as can be. I just dislike most fat people because they have the willingness to change.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

That's just something fat people say.

I am going to have to put you under the category of troll. But since I will try my best to remain civil:

Even if I am fat as you say. In what way, shape, or form does it affect you? You dislike fat people? Fine. I dislike ignorance. However your ignorance does not affect my actions, as my being "fat" does not affect you.

xd18 wrote:

Oops, I wasn't even mentioning you. I didn't even know you made fun of him, lol. I'm actually pretty new here.

xd18 wrote:

Fat people affect everyone. I don't dislike you, I dislike obese people in general. It is in no way directly associated to you. Only the fat on you.

So now I have gone from Fat to Obese... And you think you are better because you are in wonderful shape? I am trying to think of words to accurately describe the pure stupidity and ignorance of your views.

Btw, on that note you must dislike an awful lot of people. And please explain how my weight has any effect on your life.

I was never really bullied all that much, mostly because of who I associated myself with. In elementary school my best friend was a well liked, tough girl. There was a brief period in 6th grade in which I didn't talk at all and some of the kids would call me out and ask if I was retarded and she would often cut in and tell them I was incredibly intelligent and that they should back off. Never got anything after that.

Also, their was one very fat girl in elementary school that would steal my shit and shove me around. But that was mostly due to the fact that I was an extremely easy target due to my outgoing, happy, and easy going nature. She really had no friends, so I guess it just felt good to have someone to rag on for her.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Mr. C wrote:

So now I have gone from Fat to Obese... And you think you are better because you are in wonderful shape? I am trying to think of words to accurately describe the pure stupidity and ignorance of your views.

Btw, on that note you must dislike an awful lot of people. And please explain how my weight has any effect on your life.

Just ignore him and his feeble attempts to be witty and clever. He does this quite a bit, I think he must get some sort of pathetic rush off of being an asshole, though he really isn't that great at it.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Nay, I said I dislike obese people in general.

Also, fat people seem to be everywhere these days. And what with television and media saying "It's okay to be fat", its allowing for more people to be okay with that. Which, while it does sound genuinely nice to do such a thing, we shouldn't be putting out shit like that because most of the time, being fat is a big health risk, so you shouldn't be perfectly satisfied with dying at the age of 55 due to a coronary embolism or something.

Sure there's a chance you'll live a long life, but why risk it? Just because you're lazy and enjoy food, doesn't mean you enjoy yourself. Subconsciously you know you want to be fit and healthy, but consciously you've grown to love the idea that its okay to sit on your ass and let your stomach hang lower than your genitals.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xd18 ().

xd18 wrote:

Nay, I said I dislike obese people in general.

Also, fat people seem to be everywhere these days. And what with television and media saying "It's okay to be fat", its allowing for more people to be okay with that. Which, while it does sound genuinely nice to do such a thing, we shouldn't be putting out shit like that because most of the time, being fat is a big health risk, so you shouldn't be perfectly satisfied with dying at the age of 55 due to a coronary embolism or something.

Sure there's a chance you'll live a long life, but why risk it? Just because you're lazy and enjoy food, doesn't mean you enjoy yourself. Subconsciously you know you want to be fit and healthy, but consciously you've grown to love the idea that its okay to sit on your ass and let the stomach hang lower than your genitals.

I have no love for any such ideas... your point would be valid for me if any of it was true about me...

Anyways I still fail to see why you care so much. If all us fatty's die young then would you not be happy? Why do YOU care. What is the impact of other people on YOU. I am not trying to flame, I really am curios.

Btw... I am lazy, enjoy food, and enjoy being me. Again I ask, why do you care so much?

Because its an idiotic way to live. Lying to yourself, telling yourself you're alright that way. But hey, whatever floats the ice cream in your root beer float, I suppose.

Also, why would it satisfy me to see you dead? That's also an idiotic assumption, when I've been saying this entire time that I would prefer people just not be lazy about exercising and attempt to be healthy.

Of course you're going to answer yourself. The only fucking reason you made this thread was so you could go on your tangent. It's like when someone asks you about your day just so they can tell you about their own.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]