A curious occurance.

• A curious occurance.

I have noticed more and more that when people post on some threads they say in their posts that they do not understand the situation. Yet they post and offer opinions. They aregue to defend their opinions and refuse to listen to reason. Odd? Of course. If you state that you are ignorant of a subject research it before you post, or forgoe a post. Cooperation with this advise is only discretionary, unfortunately. But I find it quite odd that while ignorant people are more than happy to post things, form opinions and theories argue them and perhaps exchange verbal insults with their opponents. Its something reminiscent of a poet talking at a physics symposium.

He may begin by saying he knows nothing of the subject then proceed to develop theories regarding a natural phenomenon. Despite his complete incompetency regarding the subject, he nonetheless continues talking and formulating his theory while saying things so profoundly stupid a man learned in the field must laugh to keep from crying.

This is how I feel, more than just from time to time.
      The proleterians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have the world to gain. Working Men of the World, Unite! ~Karl Marx
    • Re: A curious occurance.

I dont always understand a situation..but i offer to give a opinion..sometimespeople give out unrealistic, pathetic opinions though.

Precisely the problem. If you are ignorant of the conversation bite your toung. Or to put it in a less subtle way, shut up!.
      The proleterians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have the world to gain. Working Men of the World, Unite! ~Karl Marx

omfgidc wrote:

but why?
      because other people say so?
      hah

No, because when someone talks about a topic that they do not understand, they not only stall the conversation they also detract from the main point and confuse others.

A statement made concerning a subject that a person is not informed on is not an opinion, it is an errant thought. And it is unfortunately true that one cannot be forced to keep one's mouth shut despite the nonesense spilling out, this is more advice than order.

omfgidc wrote:

people are going to do it no matter what though, y'know?
      people can't know everything about everything.

I am not saying by any means that the people need be experts. They must be simply farmiliar with the overall concepts and basic information regarding the subject.

Exactly. There have been times where i have totally had a think to myself and not really understood why people have come out with such unrealistic/pathetic opinions. But honestly, some people give out opinions that just arent true...it gets offensive sometimes. ut then i gues we have choice on whether to reply in a thread or not.

"But I find it quite odd that while ignorant people are more than happy to post things, form opinions and theories argue them and perhaps exchange verbal insults with their opponents." - Il Duche

Well for one thing, don't call people ignorant. People may do or say ignorant things, but that gives you no right to call them ignorant. Plus, you don't have to completely understand a thread to have an idea of what it is about and form an opinion about it. We shouldn't judge other people's opinions either...even if it does sound "unrealistic/pathetic." We should respect one anothers opinions and we shouldn't have to insult and critisize each other because we don't agree. I agree with music freak...people will always do ignorant things and state their opinions, even if they don't completely understand the situation. It's just something you'll simply have to ignore.