coming out

• As of now i am bi, and my interest in girls is slim, but im not ruling them out just yet. ;) The hardest thing for me is when i will have to tell my parents what i am, weather it be gay or bi. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to break the news to them in a gentle way so that i don't upset them to much...
      Any help is greatly appertained. Thanks

Showstopper247
    • Re: coming out

You should probably know for absolute sure if you are before you tell them. Like, until you're with a certain guy. During the teenage years, there are so many confusing thoughts, and I would consider myself bisexual. But I'm not going to tell anyone 1) because I know my friends would desert me (they're homophobic) 2) I doubt I'd ever actually fall in love with a girl, and 3) I'm only bi. Not lesbian. I'm more into guys as it is.

So I'd wait a while before telling them anything. You don't really need to unless you're in a serious relationship anyway.

Good luck. :)

~Artemis
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

artemis_samhain wrote:

You should probably know for absolute sure if you are before you tell them. Like, until you're with a certain guy. During the teenage years, there are so many confusing thoughts, and I would consider myself bisexual. But I'm not going to tell anyone 1) because I know my friends would desert me (they're homophobic) 2) I doubt I'd ever actually fall in love with a girl, and 3) I'm only bi. Not lesbian. I'm more into guys as it is.

So I'd wait a while before telling them anything. You don't really need to unless you're in a serious relationship anyway.

Good luck. :)

~Artemis

thanks so much for the info, and i did not plan on telling them, just looking out for the future when the time is right to inform them. i wanna go over it in my head alot before i break the news. lol
      [SIZE=3]A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own! [/SIZE]

Ah, I see. Well, like I said, good luck if you do decide to tell them. :)
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

Before I got caught "sexting" with a guy (yeah I know, crazy) my plan was to just wait until college and tell them. By then I'd be a grown ass and what the hell can they do? So I'd just wait. And don't make any stupid mistakes like I did that will out you sooner. Atleast not in a negative way. My outing was the worse experience of my life.

I wouldn't tell them if you are not quite sure yet, and if you do turn out to be bi I wouldn't tell my parents unless I was with another guy if I were you, it just saves a lot of unnecessary hassle. Just tell them you want to talk to them about something when they are both not busy. It is hard to come out and say it, but you just gotta force it out of you and you will feel so relieved when you do. Also, if they don't take it well at first just be patient. It is a hard thing to come to terms with for parents. It took my mom about a year or two to get out of the denial stage when I told them I was gay. She still has trouble with it, but it has gotten much better.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

You have to be sure of your sexuality if you're going to tell the parents. I didn't tell my parents till this year. Just because I wanted to be out of their house so that they couldnt try to brainwash me or some shit. I just told my dad that I couldnt live a lie because I wasnt happy doing that. I told him I wanted to be an adult about it and have an honest relationship with him and my stepmom. Of course he cried and so did my stepmom but it brung us close together because I can be myself. They met my girlfriend too and liked her so it was really great. But of course not everyone has the same reactions so just practice writing out what you want to say and how you will say it. Best of luck finding yourself.

ThIsKiD0 wrote:

You have to be sure of your sexuality if you're going to tell the parents. I didn't tell my parents till this year. Just because I wanted to be out of their house so that they couldnt try to brainwash me or some shit. I just told my dad that I couldnt live a lie because I wasnt happy doing that. I told him I wanted to be an adult about it and have an honest relationship with him and my stepmom. Of course he cried and so did my stepmom but it brung us close together because I can be myself. They met my girlfriend too and liked her so it was really great. But of course not everyone has the same reactions so just practice writing out what you want to say and how you will say it. Best of luck finding yourself.

i told my parents i was unsure about my sexuality and they were all cool with it and would be open to discussion about it or whatever - so i guess you kinda have to judge their personalities