i'm becoming self concious about my weight ... ;/

• i'm becoming self concious about my weight ... ;/

i've never been a big girl and everyone always considers me 'thin'
      i'm pretty petite at only 5'1" and even though i weigh the same as i have for a few months now
      i can tell that i've lost muscle in my legs and gained pudge on my stomach
      my stomach is pudgier than it's ever been ;/

i wasn't too concerned until the other day when my dad like pinched my fat and was like 'what's that nat?!'

LMFAO
      it's not funny cos it's getting me down and it shouldn't

gimme exercises that work guys!
    • Re: i'm becoming self concious about my weight ... ;/

This is about the 50 millionth one of these ive answered, so sorry for being lazy with the responce, if you go into health and fitness you can probably trawl through a few threads and get some decent weight loss advice on there but basicaly:

1. Eat little and often, 5-6 small meals a day, if you cant do that, then do 3 meals with snacks in between to keep something in your stomach. This is to keep your metabolism up, starving yourself will not make you thin unless you starve yourself forever, the second you eat again, your body will store it all because it knows its going to be a while before it gets some more, hence why crash diets fail in the long run.

2. Eat healthy, lean meat, whole grain bread, whole meal pasta, veggies, stay away from full fat dairy products, cheese, whole milk, cream e.t.c

3. Drink lots of water, i mean, seriously, lots, you should be going to the toilet pretty regularly. your pretty small so a gallon a day might be a bit ambitious but try and drink as much as you can, do not drink sports drinks, fizzy drinks, any of that rubbish, its calorie heaven. Water, maybe skimmed milk, green tea, theyre all fine.

4. Just because your eating often doesnt mean you should be eating tonnes, cut back on your calories a tad, but not so much your starving yourself, if your body has less calories than it needs then it will burn some of that flab to keep up.

5. Exercise, if your doing tradiational low intensity work then you need to work for atleast 20 minutes to start burning fat, so you will preferably want to exercise for around 1hr. You could try HIIT, in other words, a period of high intensity followed by a peeriod of medium/low intensity as a recovery, basicaly, sprint 100m, jog or walk back, rinse and repeat for as long as you can, then rest a bit, then keep going, do that for about 20-30 minutes, very effective.

The joy of exercise is it will increase your metabolism for about 24hours after you exercise, so you will keep burning calories on top of what the exercise burned.

You will also build muscle assuming your consuming enough protein, and muscle burns more calories than fat, hence increasing your metabolism yet more.

How to exercise:

You cant crunch away your tummy, not possible, although it will build muscle, your hard work wont be visible if your BF is too high, you have to shed BF all over. That means cardio + diet.

You could jog, excellent workout but bad for your knees.

You could cycle but you cant just granny gear around, if you arent out of breath you arent working hard enough.

You can swim, good cardio but yet again, you have to work, you cant just float along.

No pain, no gain is the rule basicaly.

You have to be consistent, pick a few nights a week to do some serious cardio and do it EVERY TIME, do not skip it because you cant be bothered, your only cheating yourself, walk home from work every day aswell if you like but dont rely on just that, step it up a notch. You dont have to work out every day, but preferably atleast 3 nights a week.

Have fun and stick to it :wink:

wasnt written for your benefit so doesnt really matter does it?

if she doesnt want to read it because its too long then more fool her :D

If you dont bother to tell someone how to do something with enough detail for them to actually succeed at doing it, then whats the point telling them anything in the first place?

The Boob Lady wrote:

nah
      i was fine befor eand i've been this way for like 5 years

when you get older your body acts different. It doesn't matter if you've been that way for five years.
      If you don't eat at least three meals a day your body just stores as much fat from the one meal as it can.
      "You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."