Long Distant Relationship?

• Re: Long Distant Relationship?

i am supposed to be entering this kind of relationship also. my ex was a 4th yr HS student and i was just 2nd yr. and i really doesn't want to have long distance relationship because it's hard for meif i don't see him regularly so i broke up with him.. lolz whatta crazy decision isn't it?:lol:

chex wrote:

Is it worth goin out with a girl who doesnt live in the same town as me? i mean its not as though she lives on the other side of the world (more like an hour on the train) but would it be too much???
      help me!!!

It's not too much if u work at it. My bf lives two hours away and we make time to see each other the whole time. We're together almost two years by now and i've never been happier and we see each other tonnes and tonnes.
      [SIZE=4]"That's like a slice of lemon, or a vanilla flavoured orange!" - The moon according to a very drunken [/SIZE][SIZE=4]me[/SIZE][SIZE=4] :lol:[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

vanillacoke26 wrote:

longs distance will NEVER work...
      Why not? I know people that have met online, been together for years, and gotten married.

vanillacoke26 wrote:

i know i may sound negative or whatever but, don't fool yourself u may think.. sure he's gr8, i love him and distance don't matter, but actually u have noo i idea what he's really up 2...
      The same thing could be said if the relationship wasn't long distance. People cheat all the time.

vanillacoke26 wrote:

not all, but most guys, they'll have another girl on their side. this is the thruth.. coz, i've had like 3 long distance relationships and they all ended badly.
      So...three guys out of, say, a few billion is most? Right.

vanillacoke26 wrote:

Why on earth would u want someone far away from u when u can have someone close...
      If you love the person that's far away, you don't give a damn about the people that are close.

vanillacoke26 wrote:

thats what a relationship is.. sharing things loving eachother.. not talking on the phone moping bou how u miss eachother... long distance is only wonderfull anf fun for a while... so if u do have a bf or gf on the other side of your continent.. just don't get attached, find someone close 2 u.
      I have a boyfriend on another continent, and I still don't want someone else, after 8 and a half months. I love him, therefore, I have no interest in anyone closer to me. You obviously don't know a thing about actually loving someone, you know about dating people.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

vanillacoke26 wrote:

ok people... this is one question that i think about over and over and the answer still is.... longs distance will NEVER work... i know i may sound negative or whatever but, don't fool yourself u may think.. sure he's gr8, i love him and distance don't matter, but actually u have noo i idea what he's really up 2... not all, but most guys, they'll have another girl on their side. this is the thruth.. coz, i've had like 3 long distance relationships and they all ended badly. Why on earth would u want someone far away from u when u can have someone close... thats what a relationship is.. sharing things loving eachother.. not talking on the phone moping bou how u miss eachother... long distance is only wonderfull anf fun for a while... so if u do have a bf or gf on the other side of your continent.. just don't get attached, find someone close 2 u.

it's not that it never works...its just rare..especially when most of the time is a distance away from the other person. a relationship is totally different on the phone than it is in person. you act differently becuase its a completely different type of relationship.

little effort is required in a long distance relationship and it lacks substance. a long term long distance relationship doesn't sound like a good plan for me (or most others), but it may work for the op.