Constant Liar

• Constant Liar

Problem. Need you to help me out.
      WARNING - ITS LONG.

Okay, so I have a friends with a girl named Melissa for about 3 years now and there are so many things she has lied to me (and other friends) about.
      One major one is the fact that she lies about having a sister. She only mentioned she had a sister last year but a year later...I've still never met this sister or the sisters "kids". Sometimes she talk to her "sister, Kristie on her mobile but she doesnt know that when she holds it towards her ear I can see the screen and usually a line will come up on the screen saying she's on a call, but when she talk to her sister, the background comes up which means she's not on a call at all. So..she's pretty much talking to herself. Whenever I ask to talk to her sister she hangs up and says "she had to go" or wont give me the phone. Sometimes she will say her sister is coming over or is over and when I go to her house, her sister is never there. She says her sister is 21 and she showed me a pic of her on msn - this girl looked nothing like Melissa and looked like she was about 16 years old! She never mentions her sister or her sisters kids in front of her family which makes me suspicious because I never hear her family (dad, mother and brother) talk about Kristie either. And one day in class me and another friend were talking about her "sister" and this guy in our class turned around and goes "nah she doesnt have a sister because I asked her brother". Another thing that got me suspicious was when Melissa's mum was getting her hair done in a salon and Melissa and I at down talking to her and we were talking about personolized number plates. Her mum goes "why dont you get 4 on the number plate, It can mean You, Me, Dad and Brendon" ... and I looked at her and I was about to say "What about Kristie?" but Melissa cut me off before I could say anything. Sometimes after school she will say "Oh my sister can pick us up" but when school finishes she goes "Nah sorry my sister said she cant make it". It's all bullshit and Im sick of being lied to constantly. I sometimes have an urge to ask her mother about Kristie infront of Melissa but I dont want to embarrass Melissa. Im just sick of being lied to and I dont know why she is making up a sister. I've given her a few chances to tell me by asking "So is Kristie your real sister?"..thinking she would say nah shes not, I just call her my sister or something but she says yes.

She also lied to me about something small today...
      Theres a guy that we have become friends with named Correy and I saved his number in my phone ages ago. Everytime he rings his number comes up unregistered which means its not in my phone book. I've put his number in about 4 times now and kept wondering who keeps deleting it. Melissa is the only one who I allow to play around on my phone and so today when she asked me for my phone to text someone I checked to see if Correys number was in my phone book and it was. When she handed me back the phone, I looked for Correys number and it was gone! I watched her sit there and play with my phone (I couldnt see the screen) but she was the only one who had it and all of a sudden its gone. Now thats proof. I asked her on msn after school "Do you know who keeps deleting Correy's number?" and she said it wasnt her. Another lie.

She must think Im dumb or something.
      I know she's lied to me on more than 20 occasions..(with proof) and no doubt more. Everything she says now, I just dont believe and laugh at her inside but I dont say anything.

What should I do?
      I need her to stop her lies but I dont want to mention it to her because its just going to start a fight...what do I do?
    • Re: Constant Liar

I think that it'd be really hard to keep being friends with her if she lies about a lot of things.

I mean, if you can catch her lying about a lot of things with proof, who knows how many things she's lied about when you don't have proof?
      [COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Back me down from backing up
      Hold your breath, now, it's s t a c k i n g up!
      Etched with marks, but I can deal
      And you're the p r o b l e m, and you can't feel.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I had the same thing last year
      she just told me loads of lies about her mom havin cancer, bro gettin shot etc
      and one day i confronted her about it (not in a very nice way either) and she just denied it
      but then i got accused of bullying her at school
      anywayz, her mom came over asking what had been goin on
      so i told her about everything and i found out that her brother was in prison
      and most of the lies she told were about him

so i guess that she had been effected by what had happened and she dealt with it in that way.
      i know it was wrong what she did but i should have been nice to her about it

what i'm trying to say is: confront her but try not to make it seem like your against her
      she might have a problem... you never know

lol i no someone like that...he came up with the biggest story

his parents are divorced (thats a fact). he said his dad was fighting for custody in court and if he got it he was guna move to oregon for a change of scenery. it seems like a believeable story buts its mostly bs. it was mostly a joke, but our other friend said to tell his dad they were dating, and he might not move. he made up huge storied about that 2; the funniest part was he said his whole family came over and threw a 'russ isnt gay' party.

but me n my friend think he made it all up just to have sumthin to talk about. a couple weeks ago he said hes definatly not moving.