Dangerously

• Dangerously

Wow, I totally messed up the title of this. It was supposed to be "Dangerously High Cholesterol", but I pressed enter before checking it. Yes, I know I'm brilliant. *insert eye-roll here* Anyway, I had blood-work done a few days ago to check my Lipid Panel and Lithium level, and when the results were in they showed that I had dangerously high triglycerides and my Lithium level was practically nonexistent. My pediatrician says that the high triglycerides are either hereditary or because of the medicine. Although I have always depended on the Lithium to keep me emotionally stable, raising the dose is out of the question. Firstly, because there's apparently a possibility it's causing the high triglycerides, and secondly, the last time it was raised the level went through the roof. So I guess instead of being dependent mostly on the medicine, I should focus more on talking to Dr. Huser (my therapist). Dr. Huser's awesome, by the way. :) Anyway, other than getting plenty of exercise... what foods are fine to eat and which ones should be avoided? I know oatmeal is great for lowering cholesterol. And I know to avoid fast food, ice cream, and all that junk. But I also know not to cut fat out of my diet completely since the body needs it to perform properly. That's about all I know on the subject, though. Help, please? :confused:
      [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Olive"]"For every ray of beauty, there is an equal element of horror." - Christopher Pike[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

The post was edited 1 time, last by XxTheBrokenLiveOnxX ().