I'm starting to get jealous of my girlfriend

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm starting to get jealous of my girlfriend

Yeah, my girlfriend is an over-achiever compared to me. She's always busy, and doing something productive. She has a lot more friends than I do. She has better grades than me. She has a bigger house and a MUCH more involved family (this isn't even fair, because that's out of my control). She's just.....better than me, and I friggin starting to get jealous of her. But, I really know I shouldn't be getting jealous of her, so people, do you have any ideas of how I can get over this jealousy?
    • Re: I'm starting to get jealous of my girlfriend

relax, the thing is, there are always going to be people better than you/worse than you. be proud of her and get your selfishness out of the way. if you don't like it, then get more friends and get more things to do with your life, it's as simple as that. however, if you choose not to do something, you don't get to complain. and don't do it just to one up her either, do it for YOURSELF. and honestly, all of those things are out of your control, whatever she does with her life is her life, and you have your own to attend to, so don't get so caught up with other people's lives, it tends to screw you over in the end.

Cheers,
      Patrick

Gah! wrote:

Yeah, my girlfriend is an over-achiever compared to me. She's always busy, and doing something productive. She has a lot more friends than I do. She has better grades than me. She has a bigger house and a MUCH more involved family (this isn't even fair, because that's out of my control). She's just.....better than me, and I friggin starting to get jealous of her. But, I really know I shouldn't be getting jealous of her, so people, do you have any ideas of how I can get over this jealousy?

Damn all that!! LOL I'm kidding. Although she's better at a lot of things then you. You'll have to learn to make the best of what you've got. Be lucky your girlfriend has all that and still picked you. Obviously there's something you have that she likes. Whether your personality or such. Trying doing something more with your life. It can probably take your mind off of your jealousy. Patrick basically said it all. It sounds like you got a hell of a girl don't screw it up with your jealousy.
      [CENTER]I'm probably not a good role model.
      :hugs:

[/CENTER]

Just be happy that you have her as a girlfriend and realise that because of this, you must be a pretty amazing person too or she wouldn't be going out with you. Perhaps you just don't see the ways in which you shine- and she probably envies you for those!
      About being productive, this is easy to achieve! Find some things that you love and devote to these- busy yourself!

Good luck :D
      [SIZE="2"][CENTER][FONT="Arial Narrow"]@craneyy
      [COLOR="Red"]♥[/COLOR]animals, rap music, nights out[COLOR="Red"]♥[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE]

...Jess... wrote:

Just be happy that you have her as a girlfriend and realise that because of this, you must be a pretty amazing person too or she wouldn't be going out with you. Perhaps you just don't see the ways in which you shine- and she probably envies you for those!
      About being productive, this is easy to achieve! Find some things that you love and devote to these- busy yourself!

Good luck :D

It's funny how we almost said the same things haha. Great minds think alike eh?
      [CENTER]I'm probably not a good role model.
      :hugs:

[/CENTER]

Well my boyfriend is kinda like you I guess. He doesn't have many really good friends besides me, and my house is way nicer , and my family gets along way better (his parents are divorced). So we spend a lot more time at my place But is is really smart .

But its like wtf said, if she is with you despite your perceived shortcomings then she must really like you for who you are and see what a great person you (presumably) are. I lot of the time, not so much now, but I always had to convince my bf why I loved him and what an incredible person he is, even if it seemd like other people didn't see that all the time.