Rumours

• ok im sorry but this is going to be a little bit of a long post, but i need opinions on what to do next

at new years i met this girl and she asked for my number, she goes to a different school but its close to mine, both international schools in paris

anyway we started texting and became really good friends, and we had hinted to eachother at friends with benefits (i wouldnt usually go for that) anyway although i have become interested in maybe going for a relationship with her she has only just dumped her last boyfriend and well the reasons for which she did that rule me out too, she had too much on in her life to have time for him, etc

so as we were talking she tells me she feels bad for her ex, coz shes a nice person, and told me all the stuff between them since their breakup, and his facebook status was something like "im back in the game now" on the day of the breakup, but he told her he still loved her, i had only ever met him once about a year ago so i said what i honestly thought, that he didnt really care all that much about her (the story heres longer than ive put but thats not what this is about, it just sets the scene)

and so, i was helping her get over her ex, and also we ended up sexting a bit, not much just 2 times (again i wouldnt normally do this) and then she invites me over to her house, i go and meet her mum and little sister, so we sit down to watch a movie and her little sister keeps bugging us and wouldnt leave us alone, and after the night she apologiesed for her sister and promised that "next time it will be more fun :wink:", but we had decided to keep this stuff secret

anyway first day back to school for both of us today, and i tell one of my friends about a few little things about it, but not the whole story coz its supposed to be a secret, and i told him not to tell anyone, so he goes off and what does he do he tells a gossip, who changes the story

this gossip speads round school that me and this girl are dating, and very soon someone who knows her hears this and texts some people in her school about it

so now its going round both our schools that we are dating, ive only just sorted out these rumours and i told her the truth about how people found out and she says "its ok its not your fault"

and anyway so ive only just stoped these rumours from spreading any futher and i ask the girl if shes alright and she says yeah, and acts like everythings fine between us

only its obviously not coz now its awkward whenever we talk on msn and she had to go and said she would tex me in a bit... it had been a few hours and she didnt text

i texted her just asking how she was and she hasnt replyed, and that was a few hours ago from now, and ive seen her online on msn but she hasnt spoken to me, and even though she said everything was fine between us shes ignoring me

i really dont want to loose her as a friend and i dont care if i dont get to go out with her coz i just want to be her friend.. i dont want to be pushy and go "why arent you talking to me?" coz that would be stalkerish

and i dont want her to think i want to be in a relationship or anything like that

please i need help with how to save our friendship

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

ok i just msned her saying ive stoped the rumours going round now and she says thats good :)

she says she wasnt talking because something else is bothering her, and she doesnt want to talk about it coz she will cry (im guessing her ex) so i told her that she can talk to me if she wants, and im here if she needs me

so mostly sorted i just need to help her with this now, and i know her, if she can handle it herself she will do, its a pride thing, but if she needs to she will come to people who can help so sorry for sorting it out myself before any replys got through :)
      we all got troubles, we all got pain, we try to hang onto love, try to keep it the same, we all got issues, i put mine in my songs, sometimes im not fine but im carrying on