Is this normal?

• Is this normal?

Okay, so I'm not suicidal but I have passing thoughts, like if things get really stressful or I'm just really anxious (I have anxiety). Sometimes to relieve the tention I just stare at a knife or gun and imagine myself doing it which snaps me back (I'm scared of death) and I continue on with my day but lately it's been making me feel extremley guilty cause I touched a gun once and just said "See you can't go through with it." and walked away, but now I feel like I'm crazy! Was it normal what I did?
    • Re: Is this normal?

First off, you're very wise to walk away from taking away your life. So I'm going to congratulate you on that factor.

Secondly, nothing in this life can be classed as 'normal', so to speak, everyone has different ways of how they relieve stress and anxiety from their lives.

It's a very good sign that you're walking away althoguht it is a little worrying that you've got access to firearms around you. Speaking as someone who also has a great fear of death, I understand that it is hard to find ways to relieve stress and anxiety.

The things you have to remember when you're in these states are the people around you who love you dearly. How devastated they would feel if you were to do something silly without talking to them and letting them know about the troubles you're having. They will help to try and resolve whatever you're going through, as will the Support Leader Team here. Trust me, they're great here. And I'm sure they can do a much better job than what I'm doing right now.

The only thing I can suggest is finding new ways to relieve yourself from the troubles you're having. Simple things like walking away (which you're doing so well so keep it up!), listening to music, taking a nice hot bath with loads of lovely bubbles, drawing, reading or doing something you're passionate about etc can help take your mind off the stressing situations. This will then allow you to go back to them with a clearer mindset and overcoming them.

The last thing I want to ask is, do you know why you're feeling the way that you are? I know that you've tried to explain in the short paragraph you made, but it's vague as to why you might feel the way that you do.

I can understand that anxiety may make up a percentage, but have you spoken to someone maybe regarding underlying depression or unhappyness in your life? There are so many people out there who are wanting to listen and help you if that is the case, the key is just to go and find it and not be afraid to ask for help.

Please keep us informed ok?
      MuchLove_x