Looking for some advice

• Looking for some advice

Hey everyone. I'm a 15 year old lesbian. I've known I was gay since I was very young, and I didn't come out to anyone for awhile. I grew up at a very homophobic school but I am in high school now (I'm a sophomore) and people are much more tolerant. So recently, I've been coming out to some of my friends.

There's a girl who I have a huge thing for. I met her last year, but this year we've had a lot of common activities. In September, I realized I'm head over heels for this girl. She's sweet, pretty, talented, supportive, likes me a lot, incredibly down-to-earth...and very straight. We weren't really close at first because I knew I was falling for her and did not want to accidentally screw things up. But we started hanging out a bit. We're both musicians, and even if we didn't talk very much/were afraid to approach each other and try to start a friendship, we had this really special bond.

My friendships with a couple of her close friends recently developed a lot, and now we've started hanging out together. It's fantastic. I came out to her last week, and she was amazingly supportive.

My problem is I'm confused on what I should do. I really, really like this girl. I think about her all the time, and even though I've been having the worst year of my life, just seeing her smile at me has been helping me get through it. She's straight. But she likes me-- a lot. I've heard from other people that she's rambled about how awesome I am, and I've heard from her friends that she loves me. (she's straight though. so not in that way.) But I'm almost positive that she has a bit of a girl-crush on me.

What do I do? Our friendship has recently been blossoming now that we know for sure we really want each other's friendships, and the highlight of my day is whenever I get to see her. Not only is she an amazing person, but she's made me feel really good at myself. I've gone through some bouts of minor self hatred, but she's helped me find who I really am, and she's helped me learn to love myself. I feel better than I ever have. I love her strengths and I love her weaknesses, and I want more than anything in the world to be able to always be there for her. I know she has a bit of a girl crush on me. But I also know that she's straight.

I just don't know what to do. I was thinking that in the future I may get hurt, because as we get closer I know I'm going to want her even more, because as we grow closer I keep seeing how more and more compatible we are. And knowing that a relationship will never happen between us because she's straight hurts, and I know it'll just hurt more later. I've talked about it with some of her friends (they don't know i like her. but they've been helping me come out, and have been telling me who else is bi or gay so I know my secret is safe with them) and they both say she's straight so I know she's straight. But she def has a girl crush on me.

any advice would be very much appreciated. thank you for reading through all that

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seren ().

• Re: Looking for some advice

wow thats deep buddy lol. umm whew i totally feel your pain, about how close of friends can u say that yall are? if yall are close enough ask her if a relationship between yall is possible and if not well then hey you tried and not harm is done but if she says yeah then pop the champagne and party. the only trick is that yall have to be close enough for u not to push her away by askin that. she sounds pretty awesome so i say go 4 it