My boyfriend is the closet thing I have to family

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My boyfriend is the closet thing I have to family

And I don't know how to feel about it. I haven't talked to my mom since I was May 2009. My boyfriend says he's going to always be there for the babies, but then again, isn't he supposed to say that? Gahh, life is so complicated right now. :(
    • Re: My boyfriend is the closet thing I have to family

Hey there.

I don't know an easier way of saying this, but life is supposed to be complicated. Nobody has a perfect, easy life. So what you're going through right now is a struggle, I know, but it's nothing you can't overcome. From the look of things, your relationship with your mom is not a healthy and strong one. Is it because of the condition you're in right now and the circumstances you are facing?

I honestly believe that rebuilding that relationship with your mom is utterly important right now. You need your family at this point in time, you really do. Even though your boyfriend says that he's going to support you and your child, can you really rely on his words for that? Personally, I have seen a lot of females your age that are going through what you're going through right now and most of the time - they've got it tough because they're usually a single mother raising their child without having their family behind them.

My suggestion, and I really mean this, is to reconnect with your mother again. However she's feeling towards you, let her know that you need her right now.

Good luck!
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

armyforthebroken wrote:

Hey there.

I don't know an easier way of saying this, but life is supposed to be complicated. Nobody has a perfect, easy life. So what you're going through right now is a struggle, I know, but it's nothing you can't overcome. From the look of things, your relationship with your mom is not a healthy and strong one. Is it because of the condition you're in right now and the circumstances you are facing?

I honestly believe that rebuilding that relationship with your mom is utterly important right now. You need your family at this point in time, you really do. Even though your boyfriend says that he's going to support you and your child, can you really rely on his words for that? Personally, I have seen a lot of females your age that are going through what you're going through right now and most of the time - they've got it tough because they're usually a single mother raising their child without having their family behind them.

My suggestion, and I really mean this, is to reconnect with your mother again. However she's feeling towards you, let her know that you need her right now.

Good luck!

I left home when my mom bought home some new guy who was physically and verbally abusive to my mom, little sister, and I. My mom and I got into fights when I told her to leave him and I just couldn't take it anymore.

Bia wrote:

I left home when my mom bought home some new guy who was physically and verbally abusive to my mom, little sister, and I. My mom and I got into fights when I told her to leave him and I just couldn't take it anymore.

Is she still with this guy?
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]