"Spy-ware Detected"

• "Spy-ware Detected"

Many messages keep popping up on my computer along these lines:
      "Privacy threat!"
      "Security Breach!"
      "Spy-ware Detected!"

All of these say something along the lines of spy-ware being on my computer. Well I don't even know what Spy Ware does. Also, I cannot open any program except for Internet programs (although Internet Explorer doesn't work, I had to download Firefox from Google Chrome). The only way I can open Microsoft Word is if I open up one of my current saved documents. Once that happens, it works fine.

But here is the fishy part. Whenever I click on any of these messages from my computer saying my computer is infected, it just wants me to buy something. I already have a virus scanning software and I used it already. I couldn't run it untill I chose to run it as an administrator. I scanned and found some viruses, and it said it got rid of it. All of the viruses it found were some kind of cookie too.

Also, when I open Firefox now, at first it worked fine, but now it doesn't remember my log in information for any website.

So basically, what is going on? Do I need to clear my hard drive or something? Or is this just Microsoft trying to rip me off again? (I have Vista if this helps)
    • Re: "Spy-ware Detected"

I remember an older family friend said he kept getting viruses so he downloaded one of those advertised scanners, Windows Antivirus 2008, which is a trojan horse of course. That completely trashed his computer.

So basically never ever click any ads and you'll be fine 95% of the time. I recommend you get Avast though.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!