I don't get it!

• I don't get it!

Alright, so to start off...I actually just recently turned 20...so not technically a teen. But that being said, I have never had a boyfriend. It's not that no one has asked, I have never been interested in a relationship due to watching my mother and sister's failed romances.

That is until I met HIM. About a year and a half ago I met a guy that I still can't seem to get over. We used to text and joke around at work then, but then he started dating someone and it didn't go anywhere. Then about 5 months ago, they broke up, and after a month went by he started talking to me again. We talked about everything into all hours of the night, and we went to the movie together. He outright told me he was interested in me, and the first night he came over we made out for quite some time, went to another movie, kissed, and left.

Two nights later we got to talking about relationships and he kept bringing up how upset he was about the last one, and said he wasn't looking for anything outside of friendship. While I like this guy, I was fine because I also looked at him as a good friend. We still talked all the time, texted non stop, hung out, went on a road trip.

Then I went on vacation...and because of an ambiguous status of mine on facebook he emailed me to check and see if I had "fallen in love on a cruise", set up a movie night for when I came back, asked me to ride in his car instead of my best friends, and told me he had missed me. For the next two weeks we constantly hung out, he was always either at my place or we met up to have lunch. He even talked to my best guy friend about how I looked good with a tan and curled hair. But even if I'm completely imagining anything that sounds like he was still interested, I knew we were good friends, he was always texting to check up on how I was doing into all hours of the night.

But then last month we hung out with his friends for a Friday night, which went fine (I knew them all), and we talked into all hours of that Saturday...but then starting that Sunday he stopped talking to me. No texts, no responses, no IM's...he started about 4 conversations with me at work, rather than myself starting them....but then after those times he blatantly avoids me.

My guess? He got a girlfriend, only thing I can think of. I can deal with that...even if I like him and misread any signs. What I don't get is if he had asked me to be just friends and he thought of me as a friend...why would he have to drop all contact?

I just want my friend back :/