Working out, no motivation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Working out, no motivation

I have severe motivation issues, so I have a lot of trouble continuing to work out. I'll work out for like, 5 days, then I won't have the time one day, and I can't get back into it.

Does anyone have any tips for staying motivated to work out??
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.
    • Re: Working out, no motivation

do something you like.... If you like to run, then run. If you like to lift, then lift. It all depends on your goals. The biggest problem people have with motivation is not enjoying working out. The people who really see results are the ones who love what they do in the gym. Find your niche and you'll be well on your way!!

JesseRider23 wrote:

do something you like.... If you like to run, then run. If you like to lift, then lift. It all depends on your goals. The biggest problem people have with motivation is not enjoying working out. The people who really see results are the ones who love what they do in the gym. Find your niche and you'll be well on your way!!

Well, I just really want to improve my stomach, but I can't run (my doctor won't let me because of an injury) and I get so bored with doing crunches/variations of crunches. =/
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

JoBro wrote:

Well, I just really want to improve my stomach, but I can't run (my doctor won't let me because of an injury) and I get so bored with doing crunches/variations of crunches. =/

what happened?

You might like some of these:

- Renegade Rows (take 2 dumbbells and do rows with them but to your stomach)
      - Planks
      - Side Planks
      - Russian Twists

I used to use renegade rows and planks for the bulk of my ab routines and after a hard ab workout for the first time in months today i realize why i used them so frequently.

I used to be a cheerleader, and when I was all the way up in a stunt, they dropped me, and since I didn't have any spotters around me (even though I told my coach I wanted some and she didn't give them to me) I fell flat on my ass, right around my tailbone, and I injured my spine.

And thanks for the workouts :)

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

JoBro wrote:

I used to be a cheerleader, and when I was all the way up in a stunt, they dropped me, and since I didn't have any spotters around me (even though I told my coach I wanted some and she didn't give them to me) I fell flat on my ass, right around my tailbone, and I injured my spine.

And thanks for the workouts :)

Ahhh dam. How long ago was that? If it gets better i would recommend you look into HIIT (high intensity interval training). It's basically short spurts of sprinting followed by jogging. An example would be;

30 sec sprint
      30 sec jog
      30 sec sprint
      30 sec jog

etc etc.

It was June of 2008. I hope it gets better, but it's not looking like it. lol

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

[ame='http://www.metacafe.com/watch/925256/how_to_get_six_pack_abs_in_6_minutes_on_your_couch_this_works/']6 minute abs[/ame]

That is what I do. I do it right in front of the TV so i do not get bored but it takes less than 6 minutes to do it. And this really burns your abs if you do it right.

[SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]

It Is Me- i actually used to do that. However, in the scheme of things it's not worth working abs more than a few times a week when you work other body parts. No need to give priority to your abs- imo besides calves every muscle should be treated around the same because you use your calves everyday when you walk so they need more work.

Abs are mostly diet. I guarantee that if you did that 7 times a week and i did it 3 times a week and our diets were around the same that we'd see similar results. Having said that, abs are also very genetic.

JoBro wrote:

I have severe motivation issues, so I have a lot of trouble continuing to work out. I'll work out for like, 5 days, then I won't have the time one day, and I can't get back into it.

Does anyone have any tips for staying motivated to work out??

First, you gotta enjoy what you're doing otherwise it's gonna be real hard to keep doing it.
      You should also have some motivational poster. like a picture of someone you wanna look like so you wake up and see it, and be like "that's how i wanna look like"
      Bring some friends along to make working out fun.
      and if you feel the effects, when you see yourself getting how you wanna be, you don't want to stop. like weight yourself every few days if you're goal is to lose weight. If you see your work out is working, you wanna keep doing it. But if it's not working, don't let that discourage you and try something else.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

definitely mix things up. working out, doing the same thing over and over and over again can drive me crazy!!! working out should be fun. getting over a long and tiring wrestling season, i've been mixing in wrestling, weight training, kickboxing, bjj, and running. even when i comes to cardio i'll just play some pick up basketball with friends...but i'll keep in mind that this needs to be at a workout pace. have fun!