• Recently i seemed to have started cutting/marking myself .. the first time was when i had a big arguement with my bf i told him n hes told me if he sees ANY marks on me hes going to tell my mom. I no she would kill me if she found out.. thing is i got stressed n made a massive mark which i no he will notice what do i do shoulld i tell him or try n hide it ?
    • Kevmo7 wrote:

tell him if you dont want to destroy your relationship

This

You should be honest with him. Be glad that he cares about you to do that for you. But if you hide it, it would be worse than if you just came out and told him.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • The bf is a good guy. I don't know what event started this buttt i hope you grow out of it. Look at your scars as previous battle wounds from a hard stretch of life but work on becoming stronger from within. Cutting doesn't solve anything work on another way to cope with emotions. Not inflicting yourself with more pain...

I was in the same position as you're bf. Seems like a long time ago and told my girl i would not be a part of her life if she wanted to keep hurting herself. Just like i hope you do she chose to stop the cutting and knew if she did cut she picked cutting over me.

Let him know you made a mistake and after being so worried you won't again.
      More importantly LEARN FROM THIS please stop this behavior it is a terrible habit to live with.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]They Hate me cause I'm right.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
    • You will be making a mistake. The older you get the more you learn about the truth. Be honest and it will make your life a lot less stressfull. In life you are presented with an option... It is usually between what you know is the right thing and the WHAT appears to be the easy way out. The more you decide to come clean the more pure your life will be. So if you say hes a great guy why do that to him?? Dont start building the wall of lies now...
      You wont ever stop
      I think your a smart girl cause you are already thinking about it. so make the right choice and be honest and convincing that you are done. Maybe this can be the turning point for you??

Make yourself proud. No corny cheesyy shit here you want to take a step in the right direction stop the cutting and build a healthy relationship with your bf HE WILL RESPECT YOU FOR IT.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]They Hate me cause I'm right.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unknown Antics ().

• Its all been said already. Your boyfriend had respect for you and that's why he put that threat of telling your parents out there, he is worried for what is best. From the sounds of what you did you did it because you were angry at him and wanted him to notice and then got regretful for it afterwords.

Be calm and tell him about it, apologize for doing it and just ask him to hold you. He doesn't want to do things to harm you he just wants you to feel secure and safe.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]
    • i told him he wasn't annoyed he said he was dissapointed.. the first time was because of him the second was the fact ive got people threatening to kill me n i was really upset n i jus did it automatically. i told him the reason he said he understands n he wont tell my parents but nxt time i shud just talk to him about it. thanks for the advice everyone it really helped. im gonna try n stop i see the fact its pointless and can be attention seeking but sometimes things just get too much. Thanks again xx
    • Often times, those we love tend to do things to us that we mistakenly view as offensive or harmful. In the end, if you know how to discern who loves you or not, it is similar to getting a flu shot at the doctor. The problem comes in when we decide that we aren't going to get the flu. Or that the cure is worse than the disease. Or the ever-present thought that says maybe said person does not really love us at all. The last thought comes in when we try to find an excuse a a way to avoid the "tough love". The most important thing is to gain discernment in these matters (and that only comes from experience, yes, even the bad experiences contribute- and are the most helpful). Only then can you clearly see who is friend or foe. Pain is a necessary part of growth, and what is happiness if you don't have anything to compare it to?
      www.myspace.com/chrisismurdoc
      I am here ^, deep in The Lonesome Crowded West.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by ªbominable' ().