I dont know what else to do.

• I dont know what else to do.

I didnt know where else to put this, but i dont care i really need some direction. Im almost 18 years old and in need of help.

Basically, I graduated high school 8 months ago with no further plans of studying. That was okay because I got a Certificate II in Retail with my now current job (that was my high school job since 2007) and also a Hospitality cert. The hours of my work have plummeted for me, when i was promised around 10-15 hours a week when finished school. Im now getting less than 3. Seriously not what i intended.

I live in a small town. It has around 6000 people and the work here is limitted.
      I currently have no license, because my parents are too busy with their jobs to teach me. I need 100 hours and only have 43. Theres a bus that goes to the nearest city, but it has a limitted time frame of 9 to 5 and only runs weekdays, which in turn makes thing worse for me to get a job there.

I've been working so hard to find a job. Ive tried almost every possible place to find one. I've been turned down 5 times by email and interviewed 2 times and turned down. With every turn down im getting further and further away from my goal of having money for myself to move out to the nearest city.

I feel with every let down i am a failure. I really wanted this job.. and today after so many hopes it says i failed at the criterea. It really has affected me. Im getting depressed over not finding a new job. Im sick of staying home all day and not doing anything with my life :( Does anyone have any advice? This is seriously affecting my life.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: I dont know what else to do.

bump?
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Have you tried walking into a place and asking if they have any jobs available? My mom interviews and hires people a lot and says that she's more inclined to hire a person who comes in dressed nice and stuff. There are so many little things you can do to make yourself seem more hire-able, you know? Write a thank you letter after an interview and call the place after you've sent in an application to let them know you're still interested. Do you have a proper resume?

Is there any adult that could teach you to drive other than your parents?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with
      white noise, pills, and Jesus[/CENTER][/COLOR]

lcky wrote:

Have you tried walking into a place and asking if they have any jobs available? My mom interviews and hires people a lot and says that she's more inclined to hire a person who comes in dressed nice and stuff. There are so many little things you can do to make yourself seem more hire-able, you know? Write a thank you letter after an interview and call the place after you've sent in an application to let them know you're still interested. Do you have a proper resume?

Is there any adult that could teach you to drive other than your parents?

I have walked into at least 12 places and done this. I have a very good resume, and am qualified in Retail and Hospitality and have certificates to show for it.
      and no

aTc wrote:

Just a suggestion, but if you can't find any jobs at all in the real world, try something online. My mom may be going into vacation sales, because the housing market is piss-poor now.
      Hope you find a job soon :)

Applied online with 4 jobs.
      All rejected me.
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cass Cass ().

Just keep persisting. Nothing you can do until you find yourself a job.

Maybe lower your standards a little if your having trouble. Go for the lower paying jobs, some money is better than none. Start small and work your way up. Certificate II in Retail is good to have but at your age it isn't highly recognized.

If you give up your not going to go anywhere and in a couple of years you will regret it.

By the way, where exactly in Queensland are you from?

Im not giving up, its just to the point where ive gone everywhere in my town looking for a job and been turned down.
      Im a great worker.. it just sucks

disadvantages of living in a small town :(
      I cant get out of here without money
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Why can't you leave without money? Where does this perception come from that you need money to leave? As weird as it is for people to consider it isn't unrealistic to find something in another city and than leave and there are all sorts of ways to leave with minimal financial costs. If you're looking to leaving the city you should consider looking into where you want to go, what you can do before you get there and alternative and cheap routes to arrive.

I'd also suggest just borrowing the car and learning to drive. You're in a small town, my 14 y/o sister drives around in a car she bought with money the family gave her and she doesn't even have her permit yet however due to where she is she has no fear of anyone stopping her like in a big city. You can easily learn to drive regardless of the law because of the size of where you live.

But most of all I have to ask why are you stopping your education? What is the point of it? So you have some certificates of training? It isn't even a two year degree its not going to carry you anywhere its just like a gold star in kindergarten. You should be looking towards a stable future by remaining in school, most careers won't get anywhere without a Masters degree in today's highly competative and diminished economy and while you're on the road to that you have a host of scholarship and grant options that will keep money in your pocket. There are very few good reasons to end your education at High School and you don't seem to have one, I feel that it is important that you reevaluate what you plan for your life long term.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

I wouldnt risk driving without supervising, its the law and also im still learning how to drive properly

As for continuing to study, even if i wanted to, i wouldn thave access to the schools and the money, because i barely have any money to buy a bus ticket to the town itself. Thats why i need a new job, to get money. So i can save up to move out.
      Because if i move out with no money, i wont be able to pay for furniture and rent and bonds and all the rest??
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

While I unfortunately can't give you any advice on financial aid as you're an Aussie I'm sure there is a wealth of Government money and private scholarships which you can apply for and you should look around for some. Even going to college can be done online these days. As for rent and such, there are many people who accept live in house keepers you can exchange services such as childcare, cooking, and cleaning for a room to rent and you can find these in classified ads, the internet, and craigslist.

There are a lot of options out there and you just need to take a look around.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]