What would you do?

• What would you do?

I'm not really sure what I'm after... I guess just some different opinions on some LDR's.

I've been talking to a kid that I've never actually met face to face before (until a few days ago). We had mutual friends and it's a really funky story of how we even started talking to begin with.

We began talking right after my birthday in January. We discovered that we had a lot of things in common and just how similar our personalities were in general. We began to really click. We starting doing video calls to each other about every night and we would talk for hours on there just talking and watching each other. The closest at that point we could come to actually meeting each other for living 5 hours away. We continued to talk and text every day for hours upon hours. We would video call just about every other day and sometimes twice a day. Just really obsessed with talking to each other. Fast forward 5 months to last week. We had an opportunity to meet up where I had planned on going to visit my sister which is about an hour from where he lives... Things didn't work out with her, so I brought up to him about meeting up and he was all for it. And he was so excited about getting to meet me after 5 months of talking and video calling. I felt the same. I was so nervous meeting him. But we ended up having a wonderful time together and I stayed with him that night and drove home the next morning. And ever since I feel like so... crazy over him. Just of how well we get along and such. But yet, I feel like I can't ask him to wait for me for 2 years (because that's the soonest I would be able to move closer to him) and yet I can't ask him to be in a relationship with me, because we'd only be able to see each other every few months. And I just talked about this with him tonight and he basically confirmed that he's thought about this too and that he had no real solution to it either...

I know it all sounds crazy... but part of me is telling myself that I am crazy to let this go and another part of me is saying... LOL LONG DISTANCE, you really think you can do that for two years? And part of me thinks I could... if I had his consent... I would be willing, despite how hard it would be.

I guess... I'm just looking for a put yourself in my shoes right now... What would you do?
    • Re: What would you do?

Ok first off I have no idea what LDR's are...

Well my dads always said that if you feel a girl is worth it, you'd do anything for them. So I guess do you feel that this boy is worth a 2 year long distance relationship? Long distance relationships can be hard but I know people that have gone through them and are now happily together.
      If you don't go through with it, there is always the chance that in 2+ years you two would be together anyway, or it may turn out that your still single and care about him, but he's dating some other girl.
      I don't know what exactly I'd do in your situtation as it's a tough choice you have to make. But I think if you care about this boy enough and feel that it would work, then go through with the long distance relationship, if you don't you may always regret what could have been.

To Skerty- LDR stands for Long Distance Relationship

I personally have no experience in long distance relationships (or relationships in general) but two of my closest friends are in a LDR that currently keeps them from seeing their boyfriends for very long periods of time. One can talk on the phone for short periods of time every once in a while and hasn't seen him in many months now. The other her bf comes here for a day or two when he can, which isn't often. They are both doing fine in their relationships, yeah they wish things weren't so difficult with the distance, but that just shows how much they care for their boyfriends. My point is, if you really care for him, then go for it, I mean, if you can video call him, at least you can see him, even if it isn't in person. It all depends on how well you can handle being with someone who is far away. Everyone's different, and if you find it doesn't work out, then at least you can say you tried. Just make sure to think everything through and weigh your pros and cons, keep talking to him and see if he agrees with what you feel about the situation. Good luck, hope you can work something out!

you know my thoughts on this kewwy but you also see how much I make my LDR work. 4 months one week today actually. The trick is both people need to want it to work a lot. It means going through some rough times wishing they were there and going out of your way to get time off to get up to see them. I know about this boy from what you've told me and the way I see it is that you'd be the one having to pull it through while he would just hang on very little. He dosen't sound like the kinda guy who would put in as much effort as you would so I dunno if that could work.

Sorry be a negative nancy but my name isn't nancy.